In the reading and video that we talked about in class about video games and why we play it was very focused on all the positive things video games bring to the table. In the video Jane McGonial talks about a concept of an epic win. Epic wins are something you didn't think you would be able to achieve. Knowing these things are possible gives gamers the drive to want to continue play these games for the feeling of empowerment which is the motivation I connected an epic win to the most because obtaining an epic win brings out the best version of themselves, it's something that they don't feel as much in the real world but accomplishing it gives them encouragement out in the real world which is why gamers continue to keep gaming to feel that feeling again.
The other motivation I chose with social contact. In the video McGonial talks about people that play the game of World of Warcraft and how players are putting trust in others players that they don't knows hand to save the world on this mission. I chose this motivation because I actually related to it, I play video games from time to time with people that I never really talked to in high school and now we are friends and I related it to McGonial saying that you like people more after playing a game and it's true. Most games played today are all multiplayer games where you form teams to inevitably win the game so playing with people you don't know or aren't the best of friends with and trying to complete a goal of winning builds connections and is why video games and games in general are important.
The other motivation I chose with social contact. In the video McGonial talks about people that play the game of World of Warcraft and how players are putting trust in others players that they don't knows hand to save the world on this mission. I chose this motivation because I actually related to it, I play video games from time to time with people that I never really talked to in high school and now we are friends and I related it to McGonial saying that you like people more after playing a game and it's true. Most games played today are all multiplayer games where you form teams to inevitably win the game so playing with people you don't know or aren't the best of friends with and trying to complete a goal of winning builds connections and is why video games and games in general are important.
Comments
Post a Comment